lundi 23 août 2010

Natural Nails in Atlanta Charges Overweights Customer a Surcharge "Due to Costly Repairs of Broken Chairs"

Natural Nails manager Kim Tran said she charges overweight customers a $5 surcharge due to costly repairs of broken chairs.

I heard about a nail salon in Dekalb County, Ga., that charged overweight patrons a service fee last week, but I was getting my kids ready for school, so I am a little late giving my two cents on this matter. According to WSB-TV, Michelle Fonville said her experience at Natural Nails on Covington Highway was just downright a painful. She said the salon manager, Kim Tran, overcharged her by $5 for a manicure, pedicure and eyebrow arch. The manager told her she had charged her $5 more because she was overweight and the surcharge was due to costly repairs of broken chairs by overweight customers.

She said the chairs have a weight capacity of 200 pounds and cost $2,500 to fix.“Do you think that’s fair when we take $24 [for manicure and pedicure] and we have to pay $2,500? Is that fair? No,” Tran told Philips.Tran said she refunded the $5 surcharge, and told Fonville to take her business elsewhere.“I didn’t want to argue with her about $5. I wanted to make her pleased with her service,” Tran said. “I whispered … I said, ‘I’m sorry, next time I cannot take you.'”“The word has to get out there that these people are discriminating against us because of our weight. I mean come on, we’re in America. You can’t do that,” said Fonville. Source
The problem is blacks need to have their own nail salons and beauty supply stores. Why must some of us continue to patronize the establishments of others who don't live or worship in these neighborhoods or even care one iota about blacks? It's time many of us stop patronizing the establishments of those who do business with us just because it's lucrative and nothing else. As far as I have seen, all the nail salons in the predominantly black areas of Atlanta aren't owned by blacks, they are owned by Asians. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Asians, but I believe we, too, can own nail salons and beauty supply stores. The reality is all the customers who go to Natural Nails to get their manicures & pedicures done, should boycott the establishment and go elsewhere. I am pretty sure the clientele is predominantly black judging from the area is it in on Covington Highway.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire