lundi 22 mars 2010

Rep. Neugebauer (R-TX) Admits to Calling Rep. Bart Stupak a "Baby Killer"

Rep. Randy Neugebauer (R-TX) admits to calling Rep. Bart Stupak a "baby killer." Issues statement of apology for his offensive behavior.

I knew that the low-class Republican representative who called Rep. Bart Stupak a "baby killer" would eventually be revealed. The guilty person is Rep. Randy Neugebauer (R-TX)and he has issued an apology. Why engage in such vile name-calling if you know you will be forced to apologize?

His office issued a statement:
Last night was the climax of weeks and months of debate on a health care bill that my constituents fear and do not support. In the heat and emotion of the debate, I exclaimed the phrase 'it's a baby killer' in reference to the agreement reached by the Democratic leadership. While I remain heartbroken over the passage of this bill and the tragic consequences it will have for the unborn, I deeply regret that my actions were mistakenly interpreted as a direct reference to Congressman Stupak himself.

"I have apologized to Mr. Stupak and also apologize to my colleagues for the manner in which I expressed my disappointment about the bill. The House Chamber is a place of decorum and respect. The timing and tone of my comment last night was inappropriate."
It is also interesting to note that this POS was co-sponsor of bill calling for presidential candidates to produce birth certificates, in an obvious dig at the authenticity of President Obama's birth certificate.

Randy Neugebauer has represented Texas’s 19th congressional district since 2003. It's time for him to go back to Texas and find something else to do with his time. Vote him out! For all of you who found his behavior offensive, don't hesitate to call his office and let your concerns be heard.

Washington D.C. office:  (202) 225-4005
Lubbock, TX: (806) 763-1611
Abilene, TX: (325) 675-9779 
Big Spring, TX: (432) 264-0722
Toll free#: 888-763-1611 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire