vendredi 15 octobre 2010

Sesame Street Song Encourages Black Girls to Love Their Hair

Sesame Street song encourages black girls to love their hair and not feel inferior to other!

Sesame Street is telling black girls to love their hair and not feel inferior to others. Here are the lyrics to the song (Styleite):

Don’t need a trip to the beauty shop,
’cause I love what I got on top.
It’s curly and it’s brown and it’s right up there!
You know what I love? That’s right, my hair!
I really love my hair.
I love my hair. I love my hair.
There’s nothing else that can compare with my hair.
I love my hair, so I must declare:
I really, really, really love my hair.
Wear a clippy or in a bow
Or let it sit in an afro
My hair looks good in a cornrow
It does so many things you know, that’s why I let it grow
I love my hair, I love my hair
I love it and I have to share
I love my hair, I love my hair!
I want to make the world aware I love my hair.
I wear it up. I wear down. I wear it twisted all around.
I wear braids and pigtails too.
I love all the things my hair can do.
In barrettes or flying free, ever perfect tresses you’ll see
My hair is part of me, an awesome part of me
I really love my hair!


Watch the video:

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire