vendredi 29 octobre 2010

Nathan Stiles, Kansas City High School Athlete, Dies After Suffering "Traumatic Injury" During Football Game

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Spring Hill High School, KS, football player, Nathan Stiles, who died early Friday morning after he became unconscious during a varsity football game Thursday night. According to the Kansas City Star, Stiles was taken by life flight to the University of Kansas Medical Center where he died about 4 a.m. Spring Hill was playing Osawatomie High.
According to reporting partner KSHB-TV, a spokesman with Miami County EMS says they got a call to Osawatomie’s Lynn Dickey Field about 8:23 p.m. Thursday on a “traumatic injury.” The district has not commented on the circumstances of Nathan’s injury.

Nathan was the homecoming king at Spring Hill, a Kansas Class 4A high school with about 580 students. Spring Hill beat Osawatomie 99-72. His father is Miami County Commissioner Ron Stiles, who is also the president of Spring Hill Oil. Source: Kansas City Star
Both of my kids play soccer in a soccer club and I am always bothered somewhat by the possibility of injuries, but I can't keep them at home doing nothing. That wouldn't be fair to them either. My oldest son wanted to play football and my husband and I declined because of the rising incidents of head injury to young players. I am not sure what caused the death of this young man, or even if more can be done to lessen any possible injuries, it is sad nonetheless that a promising life has been cut short. The mother in me says something can be done to stop the rising head injuries to young players.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire