jeudi 21 octobre 2010

Veteran Journalist Juan Williams Fired by NPR Over Incendiary Comments About Muslims & Terrorism

Fox News Channel resident Uncle Tom, Juan Williams, was fired by NPR. Gee, I wonder why? He made incendiary comments about Muslims and terrorism on "The O'Reilly Factor" Monday on Fox News Channel.NPR issued a statement saying that Williams's remarks, including that he gets "worried" and "nervous" when he sees people dressed in Muslim-style clothing on airplanes, "were inconsistent with our editorial standards and practices, and undermined his credibility as a news analyst with NPR," according to the Washington Post.
Williams, 56, made the remarks Monday after the show's host, Bill O'Reilly, asked him whether he thought the United States was facing a "Muslim dilemma." "The cold truth is that in the world today, jihad, aided and abetted by some Muslim nations, is the biggest threat on the planet," O'Reilly said. Williams, who is African American and writes and speaks frequently on race, told O'Reilly that he agreed with his assessment.

"I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country," he said. "But when I get on a plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they're identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous." Williams then brought up a statement made in a New York courtroom this month by Faisal Shahzad, the Pakistani American who pleaded guilty to trying to detonate a bomb in Times Square and was sentenced to life in prison. Source
Er, here's my question, why was Juan Williams the scapegoat? Fox News, true to form, hasn't repudiated Bill O'Reilly's ridiculous and equally inflammatory statements. Oh wait, how could I forget. Fox News thrives on extremism and radical views, as evidenced from on-air personalities such as Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Steve Doocy, to name a few. Juan Williams, better than any one of Fox News, should know what it means to be discriminated against because of the color of one's skin.

Watch Juan Williams putting his foot in his mouth:

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire