lundi 14 mars 2011

GOP Presidential Hopeful Herman Cain Says "Don't Condemn Me Because the First Black President Was Bad"

Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain has raised eyebrows with recent comments about President Obama being a bad first black president. I am neither a Republican nor Democrat and I don't see the affront in Cain's comments, which are below. I have long maintained that many voters in this country will not elect another black president in the near future, unless President Obama is able to turn things around before the next election. They will say, "hey, we tried this experiment and you can't say we didn't vote for a black man, moving on."That's not representative of all voters, but I am sure there are some who will take that position, so please, don't throw Herman Cain under a bus for his comments.

I happen to think there are many things President Obama could have done better and he didn't. In my view, he comes across as wanting to be everybody's friend, which is impossible in and of itself. He has waffled on the mess in Libya and has been largely ineffective on that front, for starters. Of course, we had some horrible white presidents, so it isn't about race but political ideology and ability to get things done. To Mr. Cain, let's just put all this in the proper perspective -- you will NEVER become the next president of the United States of America. Donkeys will fly first. You aren't charismatic and you are a Tea Party homeboy. There are a lot of people, including me, who still cast a wary eye at the Tea Party, especially since one of its de facto leaders, Rep. Michelle Bachmann, says racist and inflammatory things about President Obama. I can't take this group seriously. Sorry.

"Now people are over this first black President thing,” he said. “But there are some people who will say, ‘I’m not going to vote for another black guy because this one didn’t work out.’”And my response is, ‘Well, what about those 43 white guys you put in there? How did they work out?’“Don’t condemn me because the first black one was bad,” Cain said with a smile. Source: Huffington Post

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire