mercredi 29 septembre 2010

Rutgers Student, Tyler Clementi, Commits Suicide After Dharun Ravi & Molly Wei Secretly Making Sex Tape & Broadcasting on Internet

Rutgers University student Tyler Clementi reportedly commits suicide after roommate & friend, Dharun Ravi and Molly Wei, secretly tapes him and posts video to the Internet.

Tyler Clementi (Facebook)
During my undergraduate years at Ohio University in Athens, I saw a lot of crazy things, with the weirdest being in a room with a former roommate having sex with her boyfriend because they thought I was asleep. Though her screaming could have awaken the entire hall. That's a picture I don't care to revisit. Still, the thought that a student could commit suicide because he was allegedly being secretly taped during a sexual encounter with another male by two other students is mind-boggling. According to WPIX-11, fellow freshmen Dharun Ravi, 18, of Plainsboro and Molly Wei, 18, of Princeton have been charged with invasion of privacy for allegedly placing a camera in the 18-year-old Tyler Clementi's dorm room. What's worst, police said parts of the recording were placed on the internet.
Ravi was additionally charged with two more counts of invasion of privacy for trying to use the hidden camera to view the same student during another sexual encounter just three days later on Sept. 21.

According to sources, the victim from Ridgewood -- whose identity PIX 11 News is withholding -- is believed to have jumped off the George Washington bridge on Thursday, Sept. 23. The victim's car was found nearby with both his cell phone and computer inside. Source: WPIX-11
This is just sick and disturbing on so many levels. As I stated before, I saw some of the craziest things on campus at OU, but I never entertained the thought of taping the incidents. That just wasn't my dogfight to get into. These two students need to learn to mind their own damn business. Still, I wouldn't commit suicide. I would meet the two students in court and have the last laugh by suing them for emotional distress. My thoughts and prayers go out to Tyler Clementi's family.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire