mercredi 27 juillet 2011

BET Cancels The Mo'Nique Show, No Reason Given to Public

BET cancels "The Mo'Nique Show" after a two-year run.  I tried to watch the show a couple times and I couldn't get past the opening monologue. Mo'Nique was too abrasive for me. I watched only when she had a guest I wanted to see and I would literally channel surf until that guest hit the stage. She brought entertainers such as Stephanie Mills, Alyson Williams, and Anita Baker back front and center to the black community. It's true that Mo'Nique was no Oprah Winfrey, but I will give her credit for trying something new. I can also think of a several other shows that BET should cancel, but hey, I don't tune in to the channel on a regular basis because of it's ghetto-like feel, so I guess I could care less what shows are still left. "The Mo'Nique Show" is the least of BET's problems. No word on the real reason for the cancellation, since the ratings weren't that bad, but the word on the street is that there were conflicts between management and the stand-up comedian. Go figure!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire