samedi 23 juillet 2011

New Orleans Councilwoman Cynthia Hedge-Morrell Compares Public Meeting to Forcing Blacks to Back of Bus in 1960s

New Orleans councilwoman Cynthia Hedge-Morrell played the race card and leveled some serious accusations against her fellow council members over their support of the city's new district map, which will have an impact on municipal elections commencing in 2014. Hedge-Morrell told Fox 8:

"I've had the feeling we were regressing back to the ‘60s.” “I didn't like sitting on the back of the bus when I was a kid, I really didn't like it, and [Thursday] was the first time I was being made to sit on the back of the bus again.”

When asked which councilmember’s actions she was referring to, Hedge-Morrell wouldn’t say. “I'm not going to get into it,” she said. “They know. I've told them how I felt."
Do we have to use race as a factor in every dogfight? Surely we can agree to disagree without interjecting race in every debate.

Janet Shan on Google+

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire