mardi 10 novembre 2009

RNC Chairman Michael Steele Says "Some White Republicans Scared of Me"

Republican National Committee chairman Michael Steele is spouting off again. This time he said that some white Republicans are scared of him. During an appearance on NewsOne's Washington Watch Sunday, host Roland Martin asked him about bringing in more African American voters to the Republican party. 

According to The Hill, Martin said, "One of the criticisms I've always had is Republicans -- white Republicans -- have been scared of black folks," Martin said.

"You're absolutely right. I mean I've been in the room and they've been scared of me," Steele said. "I'm like, 'I'm on your side' and so I can imagine going out there and talking to someone like you, you know, [say] 'I'll listen.' And they're like, 'Well.'"

Watch the video here.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire