jeudi 19 novembre 2009

President Obama Says "There's a chance He won't Run in 2012"

President Obama dropped a bombshell during an interview with CNN's Ed Henry in China. He alluded to the possibility to not running for re-election in 2012 -- something that no president has done since Lyndon Johnson.

He said:
"You know, if - if I feel like I've made the very best decisions for the American people and three years from now I look at it and, you know, my poll numbers are in the tank and because we've gone through these wrenching changes, you know, politically, I'm in a tough spot, I'll - I'll feel all right about myself," Obama told CNN's Ed Henry.

"I said to myself very early on, even when I started running for office, I don't want to be making decisions based on getting re-elected, because I think the challenges that America faces right now are so significant," the president also said.

"Obviously, if I make those decisions and I think that I'm moving the country on the right direction economically, in terms of our security interests, our foreign policy, I'd like to think that those policies are continued because they're not going to bear fruit just in four years."
If President George W. Bush could take his case to the American people and win a second term, I am sure President Obama could do the same, especially if some of his big initiatives bear fruit. I am disappointed, but not surprised by his statements. This sounds like typical cut-and-run tactics. You know, like Sarah Palin who couldn't finish her term as governor of Alaska. So, all his critics have another reason to continue to pound away at him. He's nearly one year into his first term and he's already saying there's a possibility he won't run.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire