mardi 3 novembre 2009

Former President Bill Clinton: I would've stayed in White House 'until I was carried away in coffin'

Reuters Former president Bill Clinton said Monday that, without term limits, he would have stayed in the job "until I was carried away in a coffin, or defeated in an election."

"I loved doing the job," Clinton said at a conference in Istanbul. "I loved being president, but I like my current life too. ..... I'll leave the politics to my wife and to President Obama."

Clinton was elected twice to the presidency, the maximum under the Constitution, and served from 1992 to 2000. His wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton, is now secretary of state under President Obama.

Clinton said he enjoyed his current position as chairman of the Clinton Global Initiative, which raises funds to address issues ranging from health care to poverty to climate change.

Despite his personal stumbles, President Clinton will always be associated with America during a period of economic growth, low unemployment, rising stock market, government surplus. Some may say he had nothing to do with such growth and surplus in our coffers, but he was the president under whose administration this occurred.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire