vendredi 13 novembre 2009

Charles Barkley Mocks Sammy Sosa's "Rejuvenation" Skin Lightning Process, by Going Whiteface on TNT's NBA Show



I was a little surprised to see Charles Barkley mocking Sammy Sosa's recent skin rejuvenation project that has him looking like something out of the "Thriller" video. So, during the TNT NBA show Thursday night, Barkley, who proclaimed, "I know you want to get in the Hall of Fame, but going white ain't the way to do it!" He eventually transformed himself into a white man. I have never found blackface nor whiteface to be funny in the least.

Even Steve Harvey and Nephew Tommy did a hysterically funny segment on Sammy Sosa's new look, saying he used Noxema on his skin. The difference here was that they did not transform themselves into a white man. I don't expect Charles Barkley to display any grace or tact, but I found it insulting that the show would allow him to do this. While there are obvious issues that can be explored when people deliberately lighten their complexion, I will leave that for another time.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire