mercredi 21 septembre 2011

U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Troy Davis' Final Appeal, Execution to Proceed

The U.S. Supreme Court has rejected Troy Davis' last-ditch appeal for clemency. The execution to proceed.

Troy Davis will be executed within minutes, if he hasn't already. The U.S. Supreme Court handed down the rejection three hours and 18 minutes later. As I said before, I understand the hurt and pain the death of Officer Mark MacPhail caused the family. I had a cousin, Phillip Hill, who was also a police officer, who was mowed down in the line of duty by the son of a political minister. He never lived to see the birth of his only child. That's a tough pill to expect anyone to swallow. I don't see how the death of Troy Davis will bring closure, but I pray that the family will have peace now. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Troy Davis. They also didn't deserve the fate they were dealt.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire