vendredi 23 septembre 2011

Comedian & Gay Rights Activist Wanda Sykes Has Double Mastectomy After Breast Cancer Diagnosis

SHOCK: Comedian Wanda Sykes went to the doctor for a breast reduction and discovered she had breast cancer. She underwent a double mastectomy in August. We hope she will recover and beat the cancer.

Comedienne Wanda Sykes made a very serious revelation during an interview on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show." In the appearance, which is set to air Monday, Sykes admits that she was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year and decided to have a double mastectomy.

"I had breast cancer," Sykes, 47, said, according to reports. "Yeah, I know it's scary." The cancer was found after Sykes had a breast reduction in February. "I had real big boobs and I just got tired of knocking over stuff. Every time I eat - Oh Lord," she explained. "I'd carry a Tide stick everywhere I go. My back was sore so it was time to have a reduction."

Sykes continued, "It wasn't until after the reduction that in the lab work, the pathology, that they found that I had DCIS [ductal carcinoma in situ] in my left breast. I was very, very lucky because DCIS is basically stage-zero cancer. So I was very lucky." Source: ABC News

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire