lundi 26 septembre 2011

St. Lucia Housing Minister Richard Frederick Latest Caribbean Politician to Have U.S. Visa Revoked

More U.S. visa revocations in the Caribbean. According to media reports, St. Lucia Housing Minister Richard Frederick announced on Sunday he had resigned from his position less than a week after the U.S. embassy revoked his diplomatic and ordinary visa.
“The latest blow from the American Embassy has certainly hurt me. I now understand how the Commissioner of Police from Guyana felt, I now understand how the minister from Jamaica felt, I now understand how the Venezuelan ambassador to the United States felt, all of them having their visas revoked,” Frederick said, blaming his “sworn political enemies” for the situation.

“But I will survive, I will survive with the support of the people of Castries Central. I am still at a loss though as to the reasons for the revocation of my visas, although I believe that what done in the dark will one day be preached from the house top”. Source
What he neglected to say was why the U.S. felt compelled to take such a drastic action. They won't just revoke your visa unless something serious is going on. In fact, the same article states that he has been had been labelled as a money launderer, thief, a drug trafficker and also had been under investigation for a murder. He blamed his political enemies for the labels and added that the leaks provided by Wikileaks had contributed to his downfall. One thing I have learned through-out my life, it if walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck. Just saying.....

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire