mardi 1 février 2011

Memphis Pastor Ralph White Taking a Stand Against Teenage Pregnancy by Refusing to Baptize Babies Unless Parents Married

Memphis pastor, Rev. Ralph White, refuses to baptize babies if their parents aren't married.

Reverend Ralph White, pastor of Bloomfield Full Gospel Baptist Church in Memphis is ruffling feathers with his refusal to baptize a baby unless the child's parents are married. According to KSLA News 12, he is trying to set a precedent when it comes to teenage pregnancies.

"We will do it, but not in the church setting," he said. "We'll go to the home or if they want to have an event somewhere, we'll go there and do it."

White said he hopes to send a message to young fathers: step up and provide for your family. "Biblically speaking, a man who doesn't take care of his children or family is worst than an infidel," he said. White believes the teen pregnancy crisis is a serious issue across Shelby County.

"We're teaching, 'Hey, you should protect yourself, your body is a temple,'" he said. "Then there is this guy or young lady who is still sexually active. What message does that send?" Source: KLSA News 12
I often reminisce about my childhood and I never thought having sex and getting pregnant was in my best interest. Education was paramount in my home, therefore, I never entertained the thought of becoming sexually active during my teenage years. The emotional baggage that came with engaging in a sexual relationship was just not worth it for me. I even recall a young lady in my high school class who got pregnant and when the principal realized this, she was not allowed to graduate. Patti Labelle said it best, "treat your body like a temple, not an amusement park." Pastor White has a point and I understand where he's coming from on the issue of marriage. He may have gone about it a little too radical, since the babies aren't responsible for their parents' actions.

Watch the video:

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire