mercredi 28 avril 2010

Harvard Law Student: 'African Americans Are, On Average, Genetically Predisposed To Be Less Intelligent'

Stephanie Grace, a third year Harvard University law student, says 'blacks are genetically predisposed to be less intelligent than whites."

A third-year Harvard Law student has made some racist claims about blacks being less intelligent than whites. What's scary is that this person, who is anonymous at this point, sent the email to some colleagues after making some inflammatory statements during a speech. What is equally shocking is that this person will be awarded a prestigious clerkship after graduation. The email was reported by Above the Law and reads:

I absolutely do not rule out the possibility that African Americans are, on average, genetically predisposed to be less intelligent. I could also obviously be convinced that by controlling for the right variables, we would see that they are, in fact, as intelligent as white people under the same circumstances. The fact is, some things are genetic. African Americans tend to have darker skin. Irish people are more likely to have red hair.....

Everyone wants someone to take 100 white infants and 100 African American ones and raise them in Disney utopia and prove once and for all that we are all equal on every dimension, or at least the really important ones like intelligence. I am merely not 100% convinced that this is the case.
 I wish someone would send me the name of this racist ingrate so I can post it prominently in this article. Her name is reportedly Stephanie Grace.

UPDATE#1: Stephanie Grace has apologized for her outrageous statements. Personally, I think she's just trying to save face and is not being sincere. Her speech and her email seem to be based on a lot of thought, so I find it hard to believe she deeply regrets the "pain" her statements caused. Here is an excerpt from her apology:

"I am deeply sorry for the pain caused by my email. I never intended to cause any harm, and I am heartbroken and devastated by the harm that has ensued. I would give anything to take it back. I emphatically do not believe that African Americans are genetically inferior in any way. I understand why my words expressing even a doubt in that regard were and are offensive. I would be grateful to have an opportunity to share my thoughts and to apologize to you in person. Even beforehand, I want to extend an apology to you and to anyone else who has been hurt by my actions."

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire