mercredi 31 août 2011

President Obama Hits Back at Black Criticism, Reportedly Said It's "Bullshit"

So, the word circulating in the mainstream media is that President Obama believes the criticism being leveled at him for "ignoring" the black community is "bullshit." Let me back up....According to Politico, President Obama is reportedly angry that black leaders aren't crediting him for his hard-bought achievements that will benefit the black community, including health care reform, aid to cities, student aid and protecting Medicaid. Um, this is the same person who was willing to throw Medicaid & Social Security on the chopping block to make deals with the Republican Party. Don't get me wrong, both entities are sorely in need of change because they are cash-cows and badly run.
“The whole thing is bull——. … We have met with [black leaders] more than any other group, and we are increasing our outreach,” said a person close to Obama.

But Rep. Laura Richardson (D-Calif.), who represents several predominantly black Los Angeles-area neighborhoods, brings up an issue that African-American leaders repeatedly raise when talking about Obama: They say he’s worried about being too closely identified with the community that gave him inspiration and bedrock support. Source: Politico
I have always maintained that President Obama cannot devote his attention solely to every need of the black community, but I am a little disturbed that he hasn't devoted not even a passing glance at the black community that went out in droves to support him. He cannot fix all the problems that ails this group, but he can at least show he gives a sh*t by making a predominantly black community one of his campaign stops. The bigger problem is that the Democratic Party, as a whole, is taking the black community for granted because they know most blacks will vote that way. Well, I, for one, am not beholden to any one party. I have crossed party lines to vote for Republicans and I would do it again and again, if that particular candidate embodies the issues I consider important to me. I will echo Gen. Colin Powell's sentiment that I am not sold on Barack Obama in 2012. Actually, I am not sold on anyone in the Republican Party either. I am on the fence at this juncture.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire