lundi 4 avril 2011

Teacher Reassigned After Taping Mouths of Two Students at Miramar FL Renaissance Middle School to Stop Them from Talking

A Science teacher at Renaissance Middle School in Miramar, FL, was reassigned after she taped the mouths of two students to stop them from talking. The mother of one of the students, Leah Freel wants an apology from the school, even though the teacher has been reassigned. She claims her daughter Jazlyn was abused by the teacher and won't let it go. According to the U.K. Daily Mail, she was 'irate and appalled' after learning about the action. Here's the thing, while I certainly don't condone what the teacher did, the child was wrong to continue chatting after she was told to stop. That's called having respect for authority figures and learning how to follow instructions start at an early age. This girl clearly knew right from wrong.
Jazlyn, who admits to being 'chatty' said: 'She [the teacher] asked me to stop talking, and then a couple minutes went by and I started to talk again, and she came to me and put it [the tape] on my mouth.

'I had to cough, so I took the first piece off, so she went into her desk and took another piece out, and put it on my mouth again.' Source

She added that the teacher 'told me to keep the tape on my mouth, and she told me that what happened in her classroom stayed in her classroom, and it was just a joke.'
The teacher was clearly wrong for the method of punishment she used. She could have simply sent the kids to the principal's office.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire