lundi 10 août 2009

Hillary Rodham Clinton On Question For "Mr. Clinton": "My Husband Is Not Secretary Of State, I Am"

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton got a little ticked off today when a Congolese university student at a town hall forum in Kinshasa asked her for former President Bill Clinton's opinion of the World Bank's concerns about a multibillion dollar Chinese loan offer to the Democratic Republic Congo. an international matter. "My husband is not secretary of state. I am," an obviously annoyed Clinton replied sharply. This small dust-up comes a week after the former president traveled to North Korea to secure the release of two arrested journalists Laura Ling and and Euna Lee. President Clinton literally stole the spotlight from his wife as she started her first trip to Africa. You know, Bill upstaged her and she's a bit miffed by that.

"You want me to tell you what my husband thinks?" she replied incredulously when the male student asked her what "Mr. Clinton" . . "If you want my opinion, I will tell you my opinion. I am not going to be channeling my husband," she said. The question was reportedly left unanswered as the moderator of the event quickly moved on. Actually, the question was lost in translation. The translator made a mistake and the student had wanted to know what President Obama thought of the deal. A State Department official told ABC News that the student went up to Clinton after the event and told her he was misquoted. Still, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton lost her cool for a moment when she felt Bill Clinton was about to take center stage again! I don't blame Mrs. Clinton for her response.

To watch the video, CLICK HERE.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire