lundi 20 avril 2009

Perez Hilton Calls Carrie Prejean, Miss California, A "Dumb Bitch" for Saying Marriage Should be Between a Man and a Woman During Miss USA Pageant


I cannot understand why gays and lesbians feel that they must push their sexual orientation in our faces. I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman. They can't seem to respect the rights of others to feel that way. Did Perez Hilton, who asked the question about gay marriage to Miss California, Carrie Prejean, have to video-blog on his website calling her a "dumb bitch?" Was that really necessary? Don't we have a right in this country to our own opinion? Personally, I could care less what gays and lesbians do, but don't expect me to change my position that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. As a Christian, that is my belief, but that doesn't mean I don't want inclusion for all gays and lesbians. I guess the bigger question is did she lose the crown because of her response? Smells fishy to me.

Last night Kristen Dalton of North Carolina was named Miss USA 2009, but no one really cared about that. The night belonged to Miss California, who gave a response from her heart. She was questioned by judge Perez Hilton, I am still trying to figure out how he was asked to serve in such a capacity, about gay marriage. Here is the transcript of the exchange:
PEREZ: Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same-sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?

CARRIE: I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. We live in a land that you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and my family I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anyone out there but that's how I was raised and that's how I think it should be between a man and a woman. Source: Huffington Post
She said what she believed in with conviction and that is her right. So, for all the gays and lesbians out there who feel that the whole world should roll over every time you want your voices heard, think again. Perez Hilton took a gamble in asking that question and got what he deserved.

Separately, a group of gays and lesbians in New York City are boycotting Jamaica for its so-called treatment of gays and lesbians on the island. What I found absolutely laughable was that they poured out bottles of Red Stripe beer and rum as if that could make a statement and bolster their position. I believe that they should be afforded rights under a civil union and not in the true sense of a marriage.

Let me end by saying that Perez Hilton is a weasel for thinking he can get away with calling this woman a "dumb bitch" because she does not agree with his position as a homosexual. Donald Trump and his organization tried to be inclusive but were insulted by the lack of professionalism of Perez Hilton. That's not how you get someone to see your point of view. They ought to take a chapter from the civil rights movement to see how blacks achieved some of the rights they were due in this country, even though the struggle for equality continues.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire