mardi 21 octobre 2008

Sen. John Kerry’s Response to the ‘Boxers or Briefs’ Question: He Goes Commando, McCain Would Say ‘Depends’

I came across an article during my morning perusal of several newspapers online and I won't say I am amused, but it makes you think. According to PolitickerMA.com, Sen. John Kerry had some choice words for the political press corps on Monday. While speaking at a business summit on energy issues, he started his remarks with some light-hearted banter, which I am sure will offend some people.

Kerry said, "These are the exciting last two week moments of the presidential campaign." "So it's a very special time. I can't wait for it to be over. I am so tired of the press' silly questions that they ask along the way. And cable television which reduces everything to stupidity - the lowest common denominator of conflict."

"I don't know if any of you know what it's like. I do, obviously," he said. "I've been asked all of those brilliant questions that were repeated this year.""Barack got asked the famous boxers or briefs question," Kerry went on. "I was tempted to say commando."

According to Politiker, Kerry said Obama successfully parried that question but that John McCain, the GOP nominee, had some problems. "Then they asked McCain and McCain said, ‘Depends,'" Kerry said to lots of laughter from the crowd.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire