mardi 19 mai 2009

James Harrison, Pittsburgh Steelers' Linebacker, Declines to Visit White House with Super Bowl XLIII Champions, Who Cares?

Some of our athletes have been made to feel that the earth revolves around them and their needs -- narcissistic behavior. When the Super Bowl XLIII champions, the Pittsburgh Steelers, visit the White House, they will be doing so without the presence of their "Greek Adonis," (sarcasm intended) linebacker James Harrison. He told Pittsburgh's WTAE Channel 4 Action News anchor Andrew Stockey, "I don't feel the need to go, actually." "I don't feel like it's that big a deal to me." He also doesn't believe the invitation is all that special, saying if the Steelers hadn't beaten the Cardinals 27-23 with a last-minute rally, "He (Obama) would have invited Arizona." Wow, what wisdom! Of course I am being sarcastic. Let me preface this by stating, he was also a no-show in 2006 following their Super Bowl XL victory. Is this a snub? My attitude is who cares if this idiot shows up or not? Talk about selfishness and egotism.

According to SI, Harrison is known for being an individualist whose on-field sullenness sometimes extends off the field as well. As far as I am concerned all these trips are nothing but photo opportunities and nothing more. So, who cares if this narcissist doesn't want to show up? I am sure President Obama won't lose sleep over this nor will it have any impact on domestic and international policies, which more Americans care about. I hope the press won't give this man a platform upon which to spew his ridiculous position that is rife with selfishness.

Video: Watch Harrison's comments, if you care

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire