mercredi 26 novembre 2008

Pro-Saxby Chambliss NRSC Plays Dirty With Latest Campaign Ad, Tries to Link Jim Martin to Terrorists



Once again, the Republicans have shown they have not learned one thing from the stinging defeat in the recent presidential elections. With less than a week to go before the Georgia Senate run-off, and the NRSC has its ad group working overtime. This time the object of their "wrath" is Jim Martin and they are hitting over his 1984 vote to allow convicted murderers and other violent felons to remain free on bail pending their appeals.

Have they not learned anything from John McCain and Sarah Palin's constant references that Obama hangs around with terrorist? What they are doing to Jim Martin goes a little too far when the ad references terrorist hijackers, which wouldn’t come under state law anyway, which was the context for this vote. Terrorist hijackings fall under federal jurisdiction. The NRSC wants to argue that Martin’s impulse as a Senator would be to allow this based on his 1984 vote. Totally ridiculous. But, did I expect any better from the GOP and their lackeys? No way.

If anything, the vote did show Martin’s concerns as a legislator being more focused on the perpetrators than on protecting community from them. Combined with other elements of Martin’s record, especially in championing parole for violent criminals. I am not overly thrilled with Jim Martin, but I am less convinced that Saxby Chambliss gives a damn about anything to help the middle class. Therefore, my vote will go to Jim Martin, the lesser of two evils, in my opinion.

To add insult to injury, Sarah "The Closer" Palin will be campaigning with Chambliss the day before the runoff. I guess, if I were the Chambliss campaign, the last person I would want to help me win is the person who got royally trounced in the election. But misery loves company. Just my thoughts, you be the judge....

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire