dimanche 16 novembre 2008

Being a NASA astronaut means being willing to drink your own urine

I don't know about you, but I never wanted to be an astronaut when I was a kid anyway. However, I just read one more reason why:
It's a water-recycling device that will process the crew's urine for communal consumption. "We did blind taste tests of the water," said NASA's Bob Bagdigian, the system's lead engineer. "Nobody had any strong objections. Other than a faint taste of iodine, it is just as refreshing as any other kind of water."

"I've got some in my fridge," he added. "It tastes fine to me." Source: Telegraph

Okay people, I know that ALL of the water we drink was probably somebody's urine at one time or another before going through municipal water treatment. However, I think there aren't enough steps between the input and output on the space shuttle if you know what I mean.

So my question to you is, would you feel comfortable drinking water made from your own urine?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire