mercredi 18 février 2009

Rev. Al Sharpton Says that General Colin Powell "of My Color, Not of My Kind."

Can somebody please tell me why Rev. Al Sharpton has set his sights on Gen. Colin Powell? Well, Rev. Al Sharpton's appearance at Middlebury College drew a small crowd, even though the school made preparations to accommodate an over-flow crowd. That wasn't to be. People really don't want to hear the empty rhetoric coming from Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
Rev Al. Sharpton said "I will not overwhelm you because I understand you have a controversial speaker here tonight." "If there are those who disagree with me, or don't like me, I would hope at the end of the night they get a good night's sleep because I assure you, I will."

He went on to say that the election of Barack Obama as the nation's first black president is an invalid reason for a return to complacency. "Many feel that because we have had a huge historical momentous occasion with the election of Barack Obama, that all of a sudden we no longer need advocacy, and this could not be further from the truth," Mr. Sharpton said. "Fox News ... now announces we are beyond race, when they said we never had a racial problem in the first place. How does my good friend Sean Hannity preach the funeral of a body that he said there never was?" Source: Washington Times
Here is where I have a big problem with Mr. Sharpton. He also expressed distaste for former Secretary of State Colin L. Powell, whom he characterized as being "of my color, not of my kind." Can somebody tell me what exactly did Gen. Powell ever do to Rev. Al? Wait, is it because Mr. Powell does not interject race every time he opens his mouth? Wait, could it be that Gen. Powell has never picked up the rallying, but oftentimes, racist cry of Rev. Al Sharpton to pick on everyone and everything, except holding his own accountable for their actions? Please.

Rev. Al Sharpton, you have zero credibility next to Colin Powell. Not everyone wears their race on their sleeves. Then Rev. Al Sharpton wonders why the seats for his speech were largely unfilled. People really don't want to hear the empty rhetoric. Rev. Al Sharpton and Rev. Jesse Jackson are not the moral compasses of the black community. I have yet to hear Rev. Al Sharpton attack black-on-black crime, but he is quickly on the scene when there is perceived injustice against a black person at the hands of a white person. Come on. This is totally ridiculous. Sharpton is just seeking to drum up publicity for his National Action Network, inaction on many social issues is more like it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire