vendredi 13 février 2009

Baby-Faced Boy Alfie Patten is a Father at Age 13

There is no way on earth that a 13-year old boy should become a father. I also find it unconscionable that Alfie Patten's parents have allowed him to give interviews. He has, like Octa-Mom Nadya Suleman, become a poster-boy for all the wrong reasons. The child clearly has no idea of how much it costs to purchase diapers, or nappies as the Brits call them, let alone how to be a father. He is a baby himself. He certainly looks like an eight year old and not 13. His girlfriend Chantelle Steadman reportedly gave birth to 7 lb 3oz Maisie Roxanne four days ago. He told how he and Chantelle, 15, decided against an abortion after discovering she was pregnant.
The shy lad, whose voice has not yet broken, said: “I thought it would be good to have a baby. “I didn’t think about how we would afford it. I don’t really get pocket money. My dad sometimes gives me £10.”

Alfie, who is just 4ft tall, added: “When my mum found out, I thought I was going to get in trouble. We wanted to have the baby but were worried how people would react. “I didn’t know what it would be like to be a dad. I will be good, though, and care for it.” Alfie’s dad Dennis told how the lad does not really understand the enormity of his situation — but seemed desperate to be a devoted and responsible father. Source: The Sun
My oldest son is 11 years old and I can't even envision he being in such a position at such a young age. This is crazy and I am virtually speechless. This boy does not understand the position he has found himself in. Parents need to talk to their kids about sex at an early age. They both should know what the dangers are in having unprotected sex. This girl is 15 years old and I would have hoped she would know that having unprotected sex could lead to an unwanted pregnancy. There seems to be a free-for-all among some teenagers in England and in some parts of the world. The Times newspaper of London reported that in the past decade more than 40 other boys aged under 14 had fathered children. The UK has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Western Europe -- 385 girls under the age of 14 became pregnant between 1998 and 2007. That's a real shame.

To read the entire article in the Sun, CLICK HERE and see the The Sun's video interview with the young parents.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire